Han River Hangju Fortress History Park
In Hangju Fortress, there is a huge park that is located near Sijung training center at Hangjui-dong, Deokyang-gu, about 300m away. Starting from the drain/pumping center in eastern Hangju, the place is connected to willow forest. In this park, there are restrooms, chairs, parking lots, small portable cafes, Han River, sculptures, grass plaza, and others that many of the citizens prefer to use. At the entrance from Hangju Fortress to the park, there are trees on both sides growing high to the sky. It is mostly recommended to take a walk starting from the Songdeuk memorial stone of Gasoon Lee, the independence fighter, on the very left side in this history park. Designated as the regional cultural asset in Goyang-si, Songdeok memorial stone of Gasoon Lee was built in 1950 as cultural asset. In front of this memorial stone, there is Nuri road in Hangju Fortress. If going up about 200m along this road, there is an old army troop that scenes of Han River and areas nearby are gorgeous. In Hangju Fortress history park, there are many of the memorial stones. First of all, there is a memorial stone of Chugang Hyoon Nam as one of the Saengyukshins at the entrance. Towards the Sijung training center, there is a memorial stone written with poems of Seokju Pil Kwon and also the memorial stone of one of the eight Goyang figures, Seoktan Shin Lee. Towards the south of Sijung training center, there is an old army troop that is currently used as a small exhibition facility. Hanghogwanudo, the drawing by Jungsun in 1741, was removed with barbed-wire fence. It also provides explanation for why park was established after removing them. This area is a part of old Hangju ferry. There is a sign explaining those including Danje Chaho Shin and Dosan Changho Ahn settled in this area. Below the park towards Han River, there is a huge grass field. As this place is safe with sunlight, citizens prefer to visit the place. When going about 50m from this plaza, it is Han River. This is the one and only place where citizens in Goyang-si are able to touch Han River water. Ther is a natural stone chair along with willow that people are able to enjoy spanning scenes near Han River. Near the downstream, there is one ship that was used to catch Korean anchovy in the past in Goyang. If going to the west along Han River from Korean anchovy ship, the area is connected to Peace Nuri road. Natural Han River willow is impressing. In this area of willow, Peace Nuri road starts towards Yeoncheon to the west and north. Major places to visit include Samsongdang village, Lake Park, KINTEX, and Paju. In the middle of coming back to the parking lot, there is a Korean traditional house to the east and north. This is the Hangju Library. This is the one and only library in Goyang area that was not closed from the library closing order from Heungsundaewongun. In the first place, the general Yul Kwon was served as a hero of Siege of Hangju. However, those soldiers under him are preserved. Sacrificial rite is performed every spring and fall. In front of Sijung training center, there is a letter hanging to wish for the peace at where barbe-wire fence was located. Especially, it is fantastic to see the wave of Han River with glow of the setting sun.